- Extra-large apples (I actually only ended up using 3, to make 20 mini caramel apples).
- Caramels + 2 Tbsp milk
- Lollipop sticks
A metal Tbsp
- coffee scoop
- Wax paper & plates or a cookie sheet (not pictured)
- First, prepare a cookie sheet or some plates with wax paper on top.
- Peel the apples, then scoop balls out of them with the metal coffee scoop. Push a lollipop stick into the middle of each ball. Pat them dry with a paper towel and put them in the fridge or freezer while you make the caramel.
- Unwrap the caramels and melt them in a pot over medium-low heat, with 2 Tbsp of milk. You can buy bags of caramel bits too if you don’t want to go through the trouble of unwrapping them.
- Once the caramel is smooth and melted, remove it from heat and dip the apple pops one by one, letting the excess caramel drip back off them into the pot. Place the dipped apples back onto the cookie sheet, and repeat.